Extraction Cleaning


Industrial kitchens have extraction systems designed to expel smoke and smells. The fumes expelled are high grease which builds up in filters, hoods, conduits and the extractor. This grease is highly inflammable, and is responsible for most fires which occur in restaurants. Dirty systems also force the ventilator to work harder, consuming more energy than necessary, creating unpleasant smells, through inadequate ventilation. By regularly cleaning out the installation, you can avoid these unnecessary risks.



How often do we hear about fires in restaurants in the news? The truth is that if we start to count them, we would be surprised. How often are we told what causes them? We will soon realise when we pay attention that it is never explained, but the main cause is always the same GREASE


Grease also creates irritating smoke and bad smells that can have a negative effect on your clients reputation, which is another reason, if not the most important, to make sure the extraction systems are thoroughly cleaned.


Grease accumulates on the different elements of the kitchen’s extraction system, and is always the
element which triggers the fire, which makes it very dangerous, but in fact it is relatively easy to remove.


Anything ELSE? Well, yes. Grease will build up and block the conduits, eventually paralyzing the
extraction system, leading to a reduction in the performance of the installation and an increase
in energy consumption.


Apart from the fire hazard, grease is also the cause of other potentially dangerous risks, as it generates
contamination and the proliferation of disease, mould, fungus and bacteria that can make us ill.


A general in-depth cleaning of the kitchen extraction system, followed by posterior maintenance cleaning of the same, is the only guarantee of a healthy, safe installation.